Warranty & Return Policy
We understand equipment failure can be a frustrating experience, that’s why we aim to resolve such issues in the shortest possible time.
Australian Consumer Law
Our Returns Policy includes, and does not seek to exclude or limit, the rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law (if you are a consumer) and other relevant laws.
If you are a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law:
- All goods sold by Centre Com come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer law (ACL). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods replaced or repaired if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time. However, the Australian Consumer Law does recognise that the relevant time period for which a remedy may be available can vary from product to product, depending on factors such as the nature of the product and the price. Therefore, as you can understand, the type of remedy we can offer you may also vary depending on how long it takes you to return the product to us.
If we are not satisfied that you purchased the product from us then we may elect whether or not to accept your product for return. To prevent fraud, if you do not have a receipt, and we elect to give you a return we will need to record your personal details.
If the product you are returning is a Centre Com built product, and you do not have proof of purchase, we may offer you a repair, exchange or store credit (including online store) with the value of the product at the lowest recorded system purchase price as the purchase date (and hence the corresponding purchase price) of your product will not be able to be determined.
Lodging a Warranty Claim
If a product purchased from BM Computers turns out to be faulty, we will strive to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Returning Faulty products for Warranty support
Here are the steps to take in order to lodge a warranty claim with us:
- As a first step, we recommend contacting our technical support team either by phone or email even if you are sure the hardware is faulty as there may also be a known fix available to resolve the issue. Our support team can be contacted by using the contact us section on our website or by calling (03) 4208 0004.
- If it’s established that there is a fault with the item we will arrange with you for the faulty goods to be returned back to BM Computers. When returning the item, either by shipping it or in person it is important to give us a detailed description of the fault, this will assist our support staff in finding and troubleshooting any suspected faults during the testing phase.
If you intend to ship the item back to us please follow the guidelines below:
- Ensure the hardware is packed well to avoid any in-transit damage.
- Mark the address noted below on the outside of the carton while paying attention to clearly display your order # or invoice number
57 St Albans Road,
East Geelong VIC 3219
Attn: Online Warranty (order/ invoice#)
- Please be sure to include a copy of your purchase invoice, as well as an update to date contact information. We also require a description of the fault with the item. If you are unsure of exactly what to send back, please contact us.
- Additional information on shipping can be found under section 7 below.
Returning non-faulty products
In some situations, BM Computers may elect to accept a return of a non-faulty product due to change of mind or for a similar reason, in these situations there may be a restocking fee chargeable, our restocking fee is typically 25%. Please note that it is up to the discretion of BM Computers if we choose to accept a return of a non-faulty product. For these types returns we will typically offer a credit note.
A restocking fee of 25% will be charged if a custom order is cancelled after it has been dispatched.
- Proof of purchase must be supplied with all items being returned, examples of a valid proof of purchase include, a copy of the original purchase invoice or a bank or credit card statement showing the transaction. Centre Com will be unable to provide warranty support if a valid proof of purchase cannot be provided.
- Goods arriving damaged due to poor packaging or misuse will not be accepted.
- Inadequately packaged goods may incur a $25 packaging fee on return.
- Goods returned charged (COD) to us will NOT be accepted.
- BM Computers cannot be held responsible for any damage caused during return transit.
Under no circumstances will BM Computers ship out replacement goods before the warranty items have been received and checked by our technical support department.
Once proof of purchase and the fault has been established, the available remedy will depend on the nature of the fault. You are entitled to a refund or exchange if an item has a MAJOR problem.
This is when the item:
- Has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it.
- Is unsafe.
- Is significantly different from the sample or description.
- Doesn’t do what we said it wouldn’t or what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed.
Alternatively, you can choose to keep the item and we would compensate you for any drop in value.
If the problem is NOT MAJOR, we will repair the item within a reasonable time. If it is not repaired in a reasonable time you are entitled to a refund or replacement.
If upon inspection, no fault is found with the product, or that the product been damaged due to misuse or neglect, we may charge you the costs incurred by us in connection with the assessment of your product, including any shipping costs.
If the product does not match its advertised description, please contact us to arrange a return.
When you are NOT entitled to a refund or exchange
Under the Australian Consumer Law, you have the right to return a product and get a refund or exchange if the product does not meet certain consumer guarantees – for example, if the product is faulty.
You do not have a right to return a product if you:
- Changed your mind and no longer want the product
- Ordered the wrong product
- Found the product cheaper elsewhere
- Found a better product elsewhere
- We’re aware of the relevant fault before buying the product (such as if the fault was written on the product’s tag, or for online purchases, indicated in any photos or descriptions of the item online)
- Damaged the product by misusing it (such as if you dropped your mobile phone in water)
- Used the product for a long time and the problem is as a result of usual wear and tear.
Shipping and Other Costs
Returning small, medium and large items.
- You are responsible for returning small and medium-sized items to BM Computers. If you bought the item online, this means you must initially pay the return postage, shipping or courier costs.
- Once we have the item, we will assess the problem. If the item has a major or minor fault, you are entitled to a refund of return costs.
- You are entitled to return a product if you believe that there is a problem. You are generally responsible for returning the product if it can be posted or easily returned. You are entitled to recover reasonable postage or transportation costs from the business if the product is confirmed to have a problem, so keep your receipts.
- If the product is found not to have problem, you may be required to pay the transport or inspection costs.
- Goods tested and found to be non-faulty will be returned at your cost. An estimate of these costs will be provided to you before the goods are returned.
- If the product returned is found to be non-faulty upon inspection, you will be charged a $45 testing fee, or 10% of RRP for products under $100.
Returning large or heavy items
Centre Com will pay the return costs, or collect the item ourselves if:
- The item has a major or minor fault
- The item cannot be easily returned
- The return costs are significant.
- Return Address
Please use the address below to return products to us:
57 St Albans Road
East Geelong VIC 3219
Attn: Online Warranty (order/ invoice#)
NOTE: We cannot accept any C.O.D. items, sending this way will, unfortunately, result in delays caused by refusal to accept delivery.
Refund time frame
Once we have ascertained that a refund needs to be issued to you, it can take up to 2 weeks for the amount to be credited to your account.
All refunds will be provided back in the original tender. Bank Transfers, cheques and debit cards will be refunded as bank transfers, PayPal payments will be credited back to the PayPal account concerned and credit card refunds are processed back onto the original credit card.